Flight For Life Communications Center
Equipped with the latest technology, Flight For Life's Communications Center is ready to receive your call and send our helicopter to your hospital or scene.
The Flight For Life Communications Center opened in December 2007. Then in August of 2008, we moved into a state-of-the-art office at the new Flight For Life Hangar and Corporate Offices at Waukesha County Airport-Crites Field.
With the latest technology available, Communication Specialists are able to:
- Monitor our aircraft in flight with satellite tracking
- Watch weather changes (the pilot makes the final decision)
- Locate scenes with GPS software
- Communicate with crew in flight via satellite phones, radios or Nextel phones
- Track aircraft with special Flight Log software
- Use Computer Aided Dispatch
- Update requesting agencies as needed
- Receive and respond to flight requests via Flight For Life Central, our mobile and web-based App
One call does it all!
If you call Flight For Life and our helicopter is not available, we will find the closest, most appropriate helicopter for you. Our communication specialists are ready and waiting to take your call:
Emergency Transport: 800-344-1000
- Non-Emergency Communication Center phone: (414) 778-3466
- Fax Number: (414) 778-5431