Request a Shift In our Comm Center
Flight For Life’s Communications Center Observational Experience (CCOE) program is available to fire, EMS, law enforcement, dispatch and clinical hospital personnel as well as paramedic students in our primary service area who have a minimum of one year of experience. Our Communications Center is located at our Waukesha base.
Complete the form below to request a Communications Center Observational Experience (CCOE) with us.
After this form is received you will be contacted to schedule your shift. Be sure to read the CCOE Information below as well as the FFL Confidentiality Agreement.
Requirements for a Communications Center Observational Experience (CCOE)
This will be an OBSERVATIONAL experience only.
Requirements for a Communication Center Observational Experience (CCOE):
- Currently working as a: 911 Dispatcher, EMT, Paramedic, First Responder, Firefighter, Law Enforcement Officer, or a HUC/Tech, LPN, RN, or Physician working in an ED, ICU, Cath Lab, or Pediatric Unit
- Minimum of one year of recent experience
- Must be present for mandatory crew safety briefing which begins at 8:30 am
- Must sign a Release of Liability, Confidentiality Agreement for patient information, and provide emergency contact names and numbers.
- The CCOE Program is only available to those customers who work in FLIGHT FOR LIFE's primary service area.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate your day and time needs
- You may schedule for a minimum of four hours, and a maximum of eight hours
- Observational shifts are offered between 8 am and midnight. We prefer that you arrive at 8 am or 8 pm to attend our crew shift briefing (this start time is not mandatory)
What to Bring & Wear
- Photo Identification
- Money for meals or bag lunch
- Please wear your department issued uniform or dark pants/cargo-type pants (NO JEANS) and a polo-type shirt.
- Sturdy/Hard-soled shoes (NO GYM SHOES, FLIP FLOPS or OPEN-TOED SHOES)
- Once per year
- If a CCOE participant does not show up for their scheduled shift, they will not be eligible to re-schedule for one year
- If Flight For Life cancels the CCOE or the CCOE participant needs to cancel due to an illness/emergency, they will be allowed to re-schedule at their earliest convenience.
- In the event of a program emergency, the CCOE participant will be asked to leave the Flight For Life Communications Center.
Other Important Information
- Weapons of any kind, including knives, are prohibited
- Law Enforcement Officers: Service weapons, knives, and tasers are prohibited when participating in this program
- Computer access is limited to FFL personnel only. Guest WIFI is accessible via your laptop/device
- The Flight For Life Communications Center is located at our Waukesha Base, which is at Waukesha County Airport - Crites Field. It is the last building on the right on Aviation Road. The address is 2661 Aviation Road, Waukesha, Wisconsin 53188